Ice cream sandwich’s are a summer time staple however it can be hard to find gluten free options in the freezer section! This delicious, chewy, sweet treat is sure to be a show stopper at your next BBQ! ENJOY.
Yields 12-15 sandwich’s
2 cups oat flour
2 cups coconut sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg, pasture raised
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup full fat sour cream, grass fed if possible
Chocolate chips measured with your heart
Vanilla ice cream of choice, I used Trader Joe’s French Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 325 and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add egg, vanilla and sour cream, mix to combine. Next add oat flour and baking soda and mix until evenly moistened. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, or a heaping tablespoon, place dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 17 minutes. Let cool slightly and place cookies in the freezer to set for 15 minutes. While cookies set in the fridge, allow your ice cream to soften slightly on the counter.
- Turn half of the cookies bottom side up; using an ice cream scoop place 1 scoop of ice cream on top of each cookie. Gently place the remaining cookies bottom side down on top of the ice cream pressing down gently.
- Place in freezer safe container for 4 hours, enjoy!